Spring Creek Leadership Council
SPRING CREEK LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
Nomination & Election
Do you know someone who would be a great addition to the SCLC? Maybe you or a Spring Creek friend? Fill out this nomination information form to nominate yourself or someone else in the community you feel has committee experience and enjoys being an asset to the community. For better understanding of the purpose and function of the Leadership council, the Leadership Council Bylaws are helpful to read.
- ~ Spring Creek relies on enthusiastic members of its Council;
- ~ Membership provides a great opportunity to get involved in community management;
- ~ Residents can give back to and continue to improve the neighborhood;
- ~ Council responsibility requires a reasonable amount of time of its members;
- ~ Terms are for two years and open to any residents; reading over the position descriptions will provide a good understanding of what the responsibilities are.
In November 2022, per the Elections Committee Handbook, a nominations committee will propose a slate of Council members to be voted on during December 2022. Residents will elect three Council members for a term of two years; these Council members will be formally affirmed during the Annual Membership Meeting on Tuesday, January 11, 2023.
The Spring Creek Leadership Council (SCLC) acts as a communication liaison between the residents and the Association’s Board of Directors by collecting homeowner concerns and recommendations to share at their regularly scheduled meetings.
The SCLC meeting schedule can be found on the Upcoming Events and Announcements page.
The goals of the Leadership Council are:
1. To offer a streamlined communication process among the Board of Directors, the community management company, homeowners and residents;
2. To identify topics for discussion and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors based on residents' input.
3. To coordinate and facilitate activities and events within the community.
2022 Meeting Dates
The remaining 2022 Spring Creek Leadership Council meeting dates are Tuesday, September 13, November 8, and December 13. 2022, at 6:30pm in the Sports Club. Please mark your calendar!
September 13, LEADERSHIP COUNCIL MEETING
The Spring Creek Leadership Council will meet on Tuesday, September 13, 2022, at 6:30pm in the Sports Club. Please attend in person or on Zoom to take an active role in your community! The draft minutes from the previous meeting are posted here. The minutes are draft minutes until formally approved at the next Spring Creek Leadership Council meeting.
The Spring Creek Leadership Council “Succession Plan” consists of a staggered election cycle: half the Council positions are re-elected in one year followed by re-election of the other half in the year following.
The three Council positions up for election in 2022 are: the Council Vice Chairperson, the Chair of Sports and Recreation, and the Chair of Events and Activities. Nominees for election should feel free to contact the members whose terms will soon expire. Their names and contact information can be found in the above right sidebar.
Spring Creek Leadership Council Archived Minutes